Are you having trouble using your AirPods on FaceTime? It’s a frustrating experience when your AirPods won’t work when you need them the most.
Making an essential business call or catching up with friends and family can both be easily derailed by a broken AirPod.
But why does this happen? In this article, I’ll explore the reasons Why Doesn’t My AirPods Work on FaceTime and what you can do to fix the issue.
Why Doesn’t My AirPods Work on FaceTime?
AirPods are one of the most popular wireless earbuds on the market and for good reason. They’re stylish, simple to use, and produce high-quality audio.
AirPods are a popular accessory among Apple users, offering seamless wireless connectivity and excellent sound quality.
FaceTime is another widely used feature of Apple devices, enabling users to make video and audio calls to other Apple users with ease.
However, some users have complained that when they use their AirPods for FaceTime calls, they malfunction.
If you are one of these users, there are ways to solve this issue, so do not worry. They occasionally don’t function as expected, especially with FaceTime.
Here are some of the reasons why your AirPods might not be working on FaceTime:
1. Connectivity issues
2. Software glitches
3. Battery problems
4. Hardware issues
In the following sections, we’ll discuss each of these issues in more detail and provide you with some troubleshooting tips.
Connectivity issues are one of the most frequent causes of AirPods not functioning on FaceTime. You cannot use your AirPods for FaceTime if they are not plugged into your device.
Here’s what you can do to fix the issue:
- Make sure your AirPods are connected to your device. Go to Settings > Bluetooth on your iPhone or iPad and make sure your AirPods are connected.
- Restart your device. Sometimes, restarting your device can fix connectivity issues.
- Reset your AirPods. To do this, put your AirPods back in their case and press and hold the setup button on the back until the status light flashes amber. Then, reconnect your AirPods to your device.
Another reason why your AirPods might not work on FaceTime is due to software glitches. If your AirPods are not working properly, it could be because of a bug in the software.
Here’s what you can do to fix the issue:
- Update your device. Make sure your device is running the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. Go to Settings > General > Software Update to check for updates.
- Reset your device’s network settings. This can help fix software glitches that might be causing connectivity issues. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
If your AirPods are running low on battery, they might not work on FaceTime. Here’s what you can do to fix the issue:
- Charge your AirPods. Put your AirPods back in their case and charge them.
- Check the battery level. You can check the battery level of your AirPods by opening the case near your device. The battery status should appear on the screen.
If none of the above solutions work, it could be a hardware issue. Here’s what you can do to fix the issue:
- Contact Apple Support. If your AirPods are still under warranty, Apple might be able to repair or replace them for you.
- Get them repaired by a third party. If your AirPods are no longer under warranty, you can get them repaired by a third-party repair shop.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use my AirPods with FaceTime on my Mac?
Yes, you can use your AirPods with FaceTime on your Mac. Make sure that your AirPods are paired correctly with your Mac and that they are selected as the audio output in FaceTime settings.
My AirPods work fine on regular calls, but not on FaceTime. Why is that?
This could be due to a software issue with your iOS device or a compatibility problem with the version of FaceTime you are using. Try updating your device’s software and FaceTime app to see if that solves the problem.
What if none of the troubleshooting steps work?
If none of the steps mentioned above work, you may need to contact Apple Support for further assistance. They may be able to provide a more in-depth diagnosis and repair your AirPods if necessary.
Why won’t my AirPods connect to FaceTime?
Your AirPods might not be connected to your device or there might be a connectivity issue. Try reconnecting your AirPods to your device or restarting your device
How do I make calls with AirPods?
To make calls with AirPods, simply place the AirPods in your ears and use Siri to initiate the call, or use the call button on your connected device to answer or end calls. The AirPods will automatically switch between audio sources when you receive or make a call.
There are some straightforward fixes you can attempt if your AirPods aren’t working on FaceTime.
Make sure your iOS software and AirPods firmware are both current and that your AirPods are properly associated with your device.
We hope that this article has been helpful in resolving your AirPods and FaceTime issues.
To guarantee that your AirPods function properly, keep your device’s software up to date and take careful care of them.